7 Home Maintenance Tasks To Tackle In October
Temperatures are dropping and the days are growing shorter. But before you go hog wild with the Halloween decorations and settle in for that horror movie binge session, take some time to prep your home for winter’s onslaught.
1. Clean your dryer vents.
2. Seal your outdoor surfaces.
3. Stow that hose.
4. Inspect your gutters and downspouts.
5. Have your chimney inspected for cracks, breaks or even bird nests before your first use.
6. Test and upgrade any fire protection inside your home.
7. Be sure if using any portable heaters, they are placed safely. Look for heaters that have automatic turn offs when tipped or timers for duration.
With freezing temps just a month or so away, now is the perfect time to ensure your house is safe from any fire dangers.